Friday, July 23, 2010

Decision Time

Over the past three to four days I've toyed with the idea of writing a novel. I have tried many time to start, but never actually finish one. I have prayed for guidance, strength and knowledge to do so. I have the tools to write. I'm not educated or anything like that. But I have the drive, passion and pure enjoyment of writing within me. I sit back and read book, after book, after book. This I do to get the right knowledge of the craft of writing. To be a writer, you need talent, drive and the right inspiration and strength to move forward and actually do what you're setting yourself out to do.

I've toyed with two different story plots to write. One a christian/gay theme, the other a christian/vision story. One is called In the American Jungle, the other Hey God? Are you Listening?... If you think these titles are good, let me know. I plan on writing both stories side-by-side. The thing is I love writing, but sometimes i can be a perfectionist with regards to the beginning and the whole way through the story. If something doesn't look right, I delete the whole story and start again.

If you have tips to improve my writing skill, please email me...

No comments:

Post a Comment