Friday, July 23, 2010

Story - In the American Jungle

I should be fast asleep, it was way past ten. I wasn’t sleepy, not one bit. Over, and over were the words of the discussion with my dad a couple hours earlier. He announced he wanted to move the pair of them out of the universe. That’s hoe I saw it. Moving me away from my friends, just so he could be happy. What about my happiness, didn’t that count for the something? I had no intention of letting him do this to me. I had rights. He didn’t deserve the label of dad; he was a father to me now. Only loving parental roles are considered mom or dad.
 

If mom was still alive she wouldn’t allow this to happen. Then it hit me, if mom was alive dad wouldn’t be doing this. I started thinking, about mom and then about dad. He did deserve to be happy; even I wouldn’t stop him from being happy. It’s had been five years since mom had passed. Maybe it was time to let her rest, but could he find someone in London or Essex. That way I could still have my secret love with Jorge.

No comments:

Post a Comment