Friday, November 19, 2010

Poem - Should I stay or Should I go?

I woke up again this morning,
With a pain beating my chest.
I thought I was leaving then,
But I also knew the very best.

I didn't have those symptoms,
Of such another broken heart.
You didnt see my crystal tears,
As, I'm no longer falling apart.

I protected all these slim scars,
From a sight of one another.
I lived with such a pretty smile,
When confronted by my mother.

Nobody noticed the difference,
They thought I was fighting on.
I agree that I was still smiling,
Even when my heart was gone.

I got up each morning though,
And did my very best to survive.
Some people asked questions,
But all they saw was, I was alive.

Now the thoughts circle me,
Should I stay, or should I go?
I've made up my mind today,
And the answers I will show.

No comments:

Post a Comment