Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Traditions

On a writing group I'm on, They're talking about traditions and if you look deep inside your family, whether it be blood family or otherwise. Each family has traditions of some sort. My blood family had traditions, but they were abusive towards me. I left that life behind and now I'm in a new family. An American family. I have a husband, his family and our church family.

My new family here in Indianapolis, I have a caring family. my family here consists of my mother-in-law, father-in-law, three brother-in-laws and my husband. They treat me like I'm part of the family. Every holiday we get together, have dinner and spend time talking about our lives and how much God has blessed us all. I believe that is a tradition.

Our church friends, we get together at least once a month, talk about our lives and share some scripture with each other and talk about what that scripture says to each of us. I love these times. To me this is my life and I'm glad I have my friends and family...

No comments:

Post a Comment