Friday, January 7, 2011

Poem - Eminent Pain

It never really changes,
Time just keeps ticking on.
How I feel inside,
Emotion is still pretty strong.

Loss is still eminent,
And how you went away.
It never really left
It's complicated, they say.

I shifted the anger,
Dealt with the denial.
Disbelief still haunts me,
Your softness, lost smile.

Sometimes I get breathless,
Thinking back to those days.
Your last words to me unknown,
And that's how they'll stay.

Your voice still rings clearly,
How you said my name.
Your passed oh so slowly,
It's never been the same.

The mark you left here,
The impact on my heart.
I watched you suffer,
And it ripped me apart.

I often think of you,
Don't dream of you anymore.
I'd do anything to see you,
Like I could before.

But years have passed,
The world set you free.
No, you're not coming home,
Coming home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment