Thursday, April 28, 2011

New Story - Courage to Weather the Storm

I have been struggling with my writing lately. I have tried to write a story I found out God doesn't want me to write that story right now. I have spent a lot of time in prayer the last couple of weeks as I was struggling with writing a story I thought would be a good story. But I heard a voice telling me to write my Courage to Weather the Storm story. I plotted the story this morning and  it took me a lot of hard work, but it came quickly.

For me to write a story I plot it out, then work on the characters. First comes the names of each character. After that I detail the main characters. I use a character map to build for each character. It took me a few hours to build my characters. After the characters are built I'm ready to start writing.

Storyline:
After months of fighting and screaming matches, Rachel's mother walks out on the family. She moves in with Tom's best friend Jason and his two young children.  Leah files for a divorce after she falling pregnant with Jason 's child. Rachel blames herself for the divorce, and her mother leaving the family. Rachel begins to punish herself for the divorce and split of her parents.

After a couple of months with her dad being sad and depressed. Rachel  talks with her dad about why she blames herself for her mother leaving. Tom explains to Rachel it wasn't her fault and to stop punishing herself. This is when Tom starts living again. He gets out there and starts dating again. Rachel and her younger brothers find her dad's dating as a shock and they can't deal with his many girlfriends. Rachel does her hardest to stop her dad dating. She thinks the women her dad is dating will do what her mother did and leave them.

Slowly Tom explains to his children, especially his daughter that not all women are like her mother. Rachel realizes that her dad is free to be happy. Slowly Rachel learns to trust women from the main girl her dad dates is going to show her that not all women are like her mother. Her dad is always going to be there for her, but she learns to trust women again.

Finally her dad moves his girlfriend of three months into the house. Slowly Rachel and her brothers learns to trust her and they slowly make friends and they become a whole family again. Tom moves the family to a new house, in a new city and begin to live again.

No comments:

Post a Comment