Saturday, July 23, 2011

Getting through Writer's Block

I have been moved into our new apartment. Since moving here on 1st July. It's now 23rd July and this is the first time I have thought about getting to the writing process. But I only started to try and write my current story. I've tried to write, but it was rubbish. When I think my writing I total rubbish I would delete it and go and try again. This went on through the month till today. I thought I was blocked and would never write again. My partner works at the local library.

I love reading and I have done so all throughout this month. He brought some book home about writing he thought I'd love to read. He does this often. he knows what I love reading, when it comes down to nonfiction books. The current books I'm reading right now are Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg and A Novel Idea by a mixture of Christian writers. These books have given me insight to getting back onto my computer to write.  I believe these books are insightful and have spoken to me. Spoken to my inner soul.

I decided after reading Writing down the Bones, I got that feeling. The feeling to get back onto the computer and begin writing through writers block. I began to write starting from scratch. The story I want to write is called Leap of Faith. I hope to be able to get this novel finished by the end of the year. My inner demons which were stopping me from writing. The demons that told me I wasn't going to be a writer I dreamed myself to be. With the support of church friends, family and my partner. I am trying to get back into the game and show what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment