Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Choosing Character Names

This  morning I have been toying with the thoughts on how I go about choosing names for my characters. I found that you have to choose the right first and last name that suits the characters. My protagonist has to have the right name, to suit their personality and who they are and what they are about to achieve in the story. Sometimes I struggle if I don't have the right name that suits the type of character the protagonist is and will do during the story.

I usually write christian stories about the main character is aged between 11 - 15 years old. Plus they are mostly male characters for the most part. I just love writing with my main character is male, even though I'm female myself. I just feel I can justify the feelings, thoughts and emotions. I guess it's because I'm so tomboyish in nature.

Sometimes I have to write with my main character is female, but not often. Just going with the feeling and knowing what my character wants to do, become or accomplish within the story. Remember to think a lot about what emotional, psychical and behavioural components in the build of the character. Make sure you make the right choices for each character in the story. Never just do it hap hazardously. Just think of who the character is, what they'll accomplish and also their friends and family. Make sure  each component of a character is well thought out and will fit into the right places in the story you're about to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment