Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Goals for 2012

I have decided to begin the new year with some important goals I've set myself for the year 2012.  I think if you set goals, you can slowly or as quickly as you feel meet those goals. It is hard to be a writer, but when you set yourself goals and a agenda for the things you'd like to accomplish. 
  • Finish third story
  • Edit both finished manuscripts
  • Start a daily writing goals
  • Write 500-1,500 words a day
Not sure when or if I can do these, but I intend to try my hardest to write daily, and work on these goals each month. Something inside is telling me to work hard, but enjoy the writing process. My partner and I are still writing our Christmas story. The thing is they keep not wanting to write on it. So I'm writing my other story that I'm working on. 

Circle of Friends:

Yancy hates it when his mother tells him they have to move. He knows he has to be mature boy and assist his mother in moving to Indianapolis. Starting a new school and new church. Trying to blend into the community as he is dark skinned and mostly a lot of mixed raced people around. But because he is a geek/nerd finds it hard to fit in. 


After being in the new place, hiss father appears at their new home. This is something he isn't ready for. He left a few months before Sanjay was born. He is the only one out of him and his sister to remember their father. His father is married and with a woman who has twin boys. Both boys are his father's. 


Yancy struggles with the fact his dad wants to raise his half brothers, but not be with them. The thoughts of making sure he never hurts his mother  or siblings. He is hard hearted and makes every moment to ruin his father life whenever he can. 


Slowly he learns that he has to accept that his father and mother don't love each other. He learns that it's hard to be around his father and the family he knows has. Plus he has to let his sister and brother learn that truth about their father. Accepting that he can spend time with him, and also be loyal to his mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment