Thursday, October 3, 2013

OctPoWriMo - Day Three


Depression Takes It's Toll


Behind these eyes, I cry the tears I've never shed
In my heart, I feel the pain I have known to dread
I am fractured, shattered
And for once a smile can't smother the hurt
It'll only make it worse

I was prepared for what would happen
I kept repeating that if would be tragic
My heart is cracked open, broken
I could feel his heart begin to rest
And I understand that it's for the best

I hate this
The tears keep tumblind down
And I can't fake it, I can't fake it
I am fractured, shattered
And for once a smile can't mask the hurt
It'll only make everything worse

This is the first time I've ever had to feel
It hurts to have something to reveal
I hate looking a mess
From the burning in my chest
Because the tears are finally real

No comments:

Post a Comment