Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Poem - Nobody Knows What to Say Anymore

My pen is filled with so many tears,
the paper is beginning to look like
a tidal wave of emotion.

Cocaine has kidnapped my daughter
forced her to live a life of naked humiliation,
meth is the monster who lives inside her soul;
she has become a "cracked" egg.

Two days of detox; teases my hope
only to leave me crying again;

A
L
O
N
E

The drive from work becomes
a scary invitation of madness.

I am not afraid to admit
That I'm a coward,
I can't bare to watch her die

S
L
O
W
L
Y

Killing her unborn son
With every sniff and puff.

I'm a mother who screams for 
someone to save her.

Nobody knows what to say anymore...

I'm dying inside,
watching addiction
Abduct my baby.

"She's an adult" they say
"There's nothing you can do"

I just have to stand by
Watch her die Slowly,
and when the day comes...

I'll bury her alone
Because nobody knows what to say

No comments:

Post a Comment