Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New Read - A Writer's Guide to Fiction


Yesterday I took a trip to our local bookstore. It was a good thing. I found this book, which spoke to me. Now soince reading it today, I have come to an understanding that to be a good writer and understand the craft of plotting out and building good characters is the most importan thing a writer should do. Without a guide to what your story is about, who you want to touch and read the book is important also.

A Writer's Guide to Fiction (Writer's Compass)I've always wanted to be a writer since moving to America, to be with my partner. To be honest, till I came to America to live I always thought I had no skills at all. Not just no writing skills, but nothing to offer anyone. This has changed, I have come to an understanding that Maybe there is something I can offer people, my memories, my thoughts and my journey in life. FIrst my life partner is such an awesome person. I know I've put, no me, but this body has put them through a lot in the five, well nearly five years we've been in America.

I studied for my GED, which I never wanted to do in the first place. But I did pass the math, science and social studies part, but as for the English, nope. I was crap at anything in the field of writing. But now, I don't find writing a chore, I find it entertaining and a blessing. Letting my imagination run riot. Letting my life experiences merge with my imagination, we write stories and we enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment