Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Poem - If I Died Tomorrow

Lately I'm OK with dying,
And perhaps I'm a little depressed,
I know things will get better and I'm down in a slump,
But If I were to die today,
I'd be content with that.

Nothing has configured in my life so far,
I'm not successful as the rest,
My self sufficient insecurities,
Allow me to be OK with death.

Living has been a struggle,
I'm still fighting through,
And my will to live is strong,
But If I died tomorrow it would be totally cool.

My indifference to it all
Scares the hell out of me.
I'd like to live a long strong life,
But If I died tomorrow it'd be no big deal.

So what's my risk of drying?
As I swallow one more happy pill,
I'm living on the edge where I don't want to die
But if I did it wouldn't matter to me still.

Life is something I'm tired of,
but I don't actively seek out suicide,
But if I've done enough to take it all too far,
Then I wouldn't mind if I died.

And not the least bit sorry about who I'd leave behind.

I'm living on the edge,
All that matters is me,
I'm as selfish as they come;
And if I died tomorrow,
It wouldn't even faze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment