Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rewriting - Having a Little Faith

I been praying a lot of the past week. I had a story that was going nowhere. I closed my eyes and quietly went into prayer. While in prayer I heard God talking to me. I can't quite explain it, but he told me to rewrite my current story and  and change the gender of my main character. I was trying to write a story with the protagonist as male. But it was like I couldn't get it working and I was lost and had no inspiration. I force the words out, but they weren't flowing like they do when I write with a female protagonist. I had put all my strength and energy into my story, but I was stuck and nothing was happening.

After Sunday's mass, I came home and got onto my computer and pondered what had happened during mass. I knew he was trying to tell me to change the gender of my main character, my protagonist. I changed the gender and prayed for a name for my main character I got Madison Rachel Decker. I then changed the plot a little and began writing after getting my plot, and characters done. I always play out my stories. I got the tip from some friends.

Since Sunday I have wrote 4,430 words and my story is flowing slowly. I think this is what God was telling me to write. I believe he is teaching me to write. I was given a gift, a gift of words. Now I know that writing is my main passion and I love this gift I have. I'm always learning to improve my writing skills. I'm in a few yahoo writing groups and I have found one that I'm in is got people who are helping me improve my gift and look at the mistakes I make. I have even gotten someone who is editing my story. I'm thankful for these friends I've made in this group. I like them alot and they are very friendly.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear about your writing progress, good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete