Monday, October 4, 2010

Writing Progress - Scott Nash Story

I started this morning around 7:30am with 2,900 words. It's now 9:15am and I have 4,500 words. I believe after careful and dedicated prayer to God for guidance and  with my talent I believe this story will be done by christmas and I hope it writes as well as I love writing this story.

Excerpt:

Around three o'clock in the schoolyard, there was a fight. It was between Wade Richards and Luke Cantu. Watching the fight, reminded me of the punches mom threw at me when I was home. I hated being home, school was my safe haven. Hearing the roaring of a heavy engine, plus a screeching of tires, I turned around and noticed the fleet of yellow school buses driving into the far end of the schoolyard.  Standing there as the fight was ended, teachers were coming to Luke’s rescue.
I stood by the school gates hoping to delay the time for getting home. Once the fight was over, I climbed onto the bus. Moving down the bus, I found a seat in the middle of the bus. I got a feeling that tonight was going to be a bad one. I was used to the abusive tongue and hands of my mom.
The trip was over too soon.  I wanted to stay on the bus forever. I reluctantly climbed down the steps and headed home as slowly as possible.  Mom would be mad, but that would not be anything new.  However, something was unusual as I got there.  There were several police cars at my house as well as my grandmother’s car.  I started to hurry home to find out what was happening.
The moment I got to the garden gate, I saw mom talking with Nana Thomas and the police. I got nervous and a bit scared. I walked up to Nana and wrapping my arms around her waist. She put her hand on my shoulder and smile. Nana lifted my sweater off and showed my cut arm and the bruises on my back and chest. What was going on, I was nervous and very frightened. The police and the strange mane who was talking to Nana and the police, it was totally confusing and not the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment